Aphex Compellor 323A parts

AM Radio discussion. Directional arrays are FUN!
mrmodulation

Aphex Compellor 323A parts

Post by mrmodulation »

Hello all I hope you are doing well.
I purchased another Compellor 323A from the USA late last year and unfortunately it was seriously damaged in transit. Although the seller had it insured Australia Post and US Postal havent agreed on who is accountable. I contacted the seller explaining the situation because the item wasn't packaged properly it didn't even have bubble wrap!. They were kind and understandig and offered a partial refund so I left them positive feedback on fleebay.

The damage to the unit includes:
1. Twisted ears and bent faceplate
2. broken knobs and switches on the front
3. Cracked mains transformer (Toroidal)
4. Damaged power supply board
5. Twisted cabinet

I have replaced the mains transformer and rebuilt the power supply board and im happy to say it is singing again like new. Unfortunately I cant mount the unit in my processing rack due to the damage to the face and twisted cabinet. Would any of you guys or girls know of a spares unit even if it is only the front panel and cabinet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

kkiddkkidd

Re: Aphex Compellor 323A parts

Post by kkiddkkidd »

mrmodulation wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:38 pm
Hello all I hope you are doing well.
I purchased another Compellor 323A from the USA late last year and unfortunately it was seriously damaged in transit. Although the seller had it insured Australia Post and US Postal havent agreed on who is accountable. I contacted the seller explaining the situation because the item wasn't packaged properly it didn't even have bubble wrap!. They were kind and understandig and offered a partial refund so I left them positive feedback on fleebay.

The damage to the unit includes:
1. Twisted ears and bent faceplate
2. broken knobs and switches on the front
3. Cracked mains transformer (Toroidal)
4. Damaged power supply board
5. Twisted cabinet

I have replaced the mains transformer and rebuilt the power supply board and im happy to say it is singing again like new. Unfortunately I cant mount the unit in my processing rack due to the damage to the face and twisted cabinet. Would any of you guys or girls know of a spares unit even if it is only the front panel and cabinet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D
I don't have any of the parts that you are looking for but I must say that judging by your description of the damage, it would not have survived even if it would have been packaged better. Bubble wrap doesn't hold up well against a 3ton towmotor...

I fairly often see various model cheap Compellor's on Ebay and other audio oriented sales sites in as-is or non-working condition.
--
Kevin C. Kidd CSRE/AMD
WD4RAT
AM Ground Systems Company
http://www.amgroundsystems.com
KK Broadcast Engineering
http://www.kkbc.com

Bill DeFelice

Post by Bill DeFelice »

I actually replaced the front panel of a 323A a number of years ago. I'll look in my storage to see if I kept it or not. If it's still there you can have it for postage. I just replaced it as it wasn't pristine and I wanted it in a publicly facing rack.
Webmaster
History of Westport Connecticut Radio
The WMMM Tribute Site

CampusBroadcaster.net
Legal, low power, license-free broadcasting for educational institutions

Bill DeFelice

Post by Bill DeFelice »

I looked in my parts pile, I must have discarded the front panel.
Webmaster
History of Westport Connecticut Radio
The WMMM Tribute Site

CampusBroadcaster.net
Legal, low power, license-free broadcasting for educational institutions