Marti STL 10 Power Supply

Gotta watch those Fresnel zones!
engnewbie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Marti STL 10 Power Supply

Post by engnewbie »

I have a dead Marti STL 10 transmitter thanks to a failed power supply. Does anyone have a junked Marti that you might could pull a working power supply out of? I'm happy to pay for your screwdriver time and shipping to Virginia. Otherwise, does anyone have a suggestion on a suitable replacement 13.5v 5A? I've bridged channels at the transmitter site to get the left channel back up so no rush. Most of the supplies with similar specs are much larger physically than the little switching supply that failed.

Thanks.
TPT

Re: Marti STL 10 Power Supply

Post by TPT »

That must have been a replacement supply...the original STL-10 supply used a transformer and bridge rectifier. Look at Jameco, they have switching supplies.

Also, the original transformer/bridge rectifier supply used a 3 pin regulator which was mounted on the back of the heat sink on the back of the transmitter (that is, the regulator is on the inside of the chassis on the heatsink. You won't need this for a regulated supply.
engnewbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by engnewbie »

That makes sense because it appeared the power connector had been soldered in after the fact. Thanks!
ChuckG

Post by ChuckG »

That is a common modification for Marti equipment. I use this one. Just dial it back to 13.5V with the voltage trimpot.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/det ... gKtUPD_BwE
<><><><><><><><><>
Chuck Gennaro
Central Wisconsin
www.northwoodstech.com