Cablewave 738350 3-1/8" EIA Flange (pressurization)

Want to know how something works? Harness the power of the Brainiacs!
DaveSt

Cablewave 738350 3-1/8" EIA Flange (pressurization)

Post by DaveSt » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:43 am

Hello all. In a month or so I have to return to a site to do some repairs on the pressurization system. I was there last month and the dehydrator had failed from old age and because the feeder would not pressurize, so it had run until it died. The dehydrator will be replaced as it is too far gone. There is a join in the line, near the base of the tower. The join has a pair of old Cablewave 738350 flanges more or less back to back. There is then a tube to pass the pressurization from one to the other, which was rotten. I changed that, but one of the gas inlets is not in good condition, so I do not know if it will seal correctly when the new dehydrator goes in. So, the question. Does anyone have any data on the Cablewave 738350 flange? In particular the size of the thread on the gas inlet connection? Or a source of the gas inlets themselves? I should add, the site is in Jordan and I am in the UK, so I want everything in my kit that I could need.

RGORJANCE

Re: Cablewave 738350 3-1/8" EIA Flange (pressurization)

Post by RGORJANCE » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:52 am

There is one trick that might work IF THE FLANGE AT THE XMTR is gas tight.

You could disconnect those two outside flanges and drill two small holes in each of the insulators to allow gas to pass thru them. Bolt them back together. Then seal up the holes on the exterior part of the flange, thus eliminating the hose.

I have heard and seen that done a time or two over the years.

Other ideas???

Fossil

DaveSt

Re: Cablewave 738350 3-1/8" EIA Flange (pressurization)

Post by DaveSt » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:20 am

The transmitter end is good. It had occurred to me that I could replace them with connectors that will pass the pressurization. I could do what you suggest also. I was hoping to do something that did not mean a significant break in transmission though and was easy!