360 Systems Instant Replay DR-600

Want to know how something works? Harness the power of the Brainiacs!
Bill DeFelice

360 Systems Instant Replay DR-600

Post by Bill DeFelice »

Is 360 Systems still in business? I have a DR-600 Instant Replay with ethernet networking and the FTP function appears somewhat wonky. I previously replaced the internal hard drive with a solid-state drive but never noticed if that affected things or not. I understand many support lines may have reduced staff due to the current health crisis, but other than an auto-bot I've never received any human reply to this or past queries. I'd like to get this device repaired so I can reload it rather than having to re-record everything via analog input but so far I'm far from impressed by their support.

Has anyone else had similar experiences with 360 Systems?
Webmaster
History of Westport Connecticut Radio
The WMMM Tribute Site

CampusBroadcaster.net
Legal, low power, license-free broadcasting for educational institutions

PID_Stop

Re: 360 Systems Instant Replay DR-600

Post by PID_Stop »

They were in business about a month ago -- we just got two new Digicarts from them.

Jeff

Bill DeFelice

Post by Bill DeFelice »

Don't know if it's due to the pandemic or not but their support via the web site stinks! The last time I needed assistance I actually repaired a Shortcut myself by replacing a chip because they never got back to me. Maybe I'll just try calling them. I know I recommended a computer software replacement to one station mainly due to the lack of support I received from 360 Systems in the past.

@PID_Stop: It sounds like you dealt more with sales than support. Maybe their sales team has more on the ball than their repair and service personnel.
Webmaster
The WMMM Tribute Site

CampusBroadcaster.net

Bill DeFelice

Post by Bill DeFelice »

I decided to submit a second email using an alternate form on the website and Alan reached out to me. It appears my DR-600, which is 12 years old, has older firmware and the reason why FTP speeds are slow as a dog. He mentioned that the firmware can up upgraded and it would somewhat improve some of the speed but it will still remain slow due to hardware limitation. With a cost of $275 for the service, plus shipping, it sounds like it's likely not worth it with a device this old.
Webmaster
The WMMM Tribute Site

CampusBroadcaster.net