AC Power Filters for the AM Band

Want to know how something works? Harness the power of the Brainiacs!
BigRed

AC Power Filters for the AM Band

Post by BigRed » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:23 pm

OK, I'm at a loss.

Does anyone know of a source for effective AC power line RFI filters that are effective in the medium-wave band (550-kHz to 1700-kHz)? They will, hopefully, be off-the-shelf and plug-in. 120-volt circuit protection is definitely needed, both 15-ampere and 20-ampere, and 240-volt, single-phase "plug-in" units (30-ampere for the electronic dryer circuits, 60-ampere for the electronically-controlled residential kitchen cooking equipment) would be great too. I've been searching for something and so far nada.

Darn blanketing interference . . .

Thanks much!

jammerdave

Re: AC Power Filters for the AM Band

Post by jammerdave » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:45 pm

Great question. I've always built my own with electronic surplus line filters in my own boxes/connectors.

df

BigRed wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:23 pm
OK, I'm at a loss.

Does anyone know of a source for effective AC power line RFI filters that are effective in the medium-wave band (550-kHz to 1700-kHz)? They will, hopefully, be off-the-shelf and plug-in. 120-volt circuit protection is definitely needed, both 15-ampere and 20-ampere, and 240-volt, single-phase "plug-in" units (30-ampere for the electronic dryer circuits, 60-ampere for the electronically-controlled residential kitchen cooking equipment) would be great too. I've been searching for something and so far nada.

Thanks much!

jammerdave

Re: AC Power Filters for the AM Band

Post by jammerdave » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:48 pm

http://www.morganmfg.us/radio-products/ ... rotectors/
BigRed wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:23 pm
OK, I'm at a loss.

Thanks much!