Iowa Public Radio (IPR) seeks a knowledgeable and dedicated professional to join our engineering operations staff as a Radio Broadcast Engineer. Located in the Ames office, this individual is responsible for maintaining technical broadcast transmission and production equipment. Additional responsibilities include assisting in the design, improvement, expansion, and maintenance of production, broadcast, and radio frequency transmitting systems for the IPR network of radio stations. This individual will respond to operational challenges requiring service recovery, and they will maintain electronic equipment to meet production needs and network operational goals. This position also participates in the engineering operations on-call rotation.
POSITION SALARY RANGE:
• $41,985 - $62,968 annually
• Associates degree in Electronics Engineering, Management Information Systems, Broadcast Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, or related field or equivalent related experience to substitute for a degree;
• Four years experience in broadcast engineering, including experience in analog audio wiring and systems and signal processing and measurement equipment;
• Knowledge of RF, AM and FM directional and non-directional transmission systems;
• Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations;
• Ability to perform basic to advanced math calculations, ability to read and understand system drawings, signal flows, and schematics; and
• Ability to climb ladders, lift 70 pounds, use power tools and hold a valid driver’s license.
• Experience with basic TCP/IP networking and IP-based digital audio systems;
• Project management experience;
• SBE certification; and
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries may be routed to email@example.com.
For full consideration, applications must be received by 5 pm Monday, October 28, 2019. Employment is contingent upon the successful outcome of a background check.
Iowa Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Looking for help or looking for a new gig? Post here!
1 post • Page 1 of 1