Iowa Public Radio (IPR) is looking for a Broadcast and Audio Engineer to join our Engineering team (6 Engineers across the network – 2 in Ames, 2 in Cedar Falls, and 2 in Iowa City). This person will maintain studio production and technical broadcast transmission equipment, as well as assist in the design, improvement, and maintenance of production, broadcast, and radio frequency transmitting systems for the IPR network of radio stations. This position is responsible for responding to operational challenges requiring service recovery, maintaining electronic equipment to meet studio production needs, assisting with field recordings, and sharing responsibility for Iowa Public Radio transmitter sites utilizing a station-owned vehicle and equipment.
POSITION SALARY RANGE:
• $41,985 - $62,968 annually
• Comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, retirement plan, immediate accrual of vacation and sick time
• Associates degree in Electronics Engineering, Broadcast Engineering, Computer Science or related field or equivalent broadcast engineering experience to substitute for a degree;
• Two years of experience in broadcast or audio engineering, including experience in analog audio wiring and systems and signal processing and measurement equipment;
• Knowledge of RF, AM and FM transmission systems;
• Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations;
• Ability to read and understand system drawings, signal flows, and schematics; and
• Ability to climb ladders, lift 70 pounds, use power tools and hold a valid driver’s license.
• Experience with basic TCP/IP networking and IP-based digital audio systems;
• Project management experience; and
• SBE certification.
Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three (3) professional references to email@example.com. Inquiries may be routed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be received by 5pm on Monday, March 2, 2020. Employment is contingent upon the successful outcome of a background check.
Iowa Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Looking for help or looking for a new gig? Post here!
1 post • Page 1 of 1