About the Job
Part of a team of engineers that are responsible for but not limited to the preventive and corrective maintenance of all equipment in the facility in regards to the Television system. One member of this team shall be on duty at all times (24/7/365).
1. The Systems Engineer on duty shall respond to and correct all problems that arise pertaining to but not limited to routing, Master Control, Post-Production, AVID's, Graphics, DS and the Core area.
2. Repair, maintain and perform preventive maintenance and all system related equipment.
3. Work with the RF and TOC operator to maintain the on-air signals.
4. Provide support to the RF, TOC operators and/or Digital Media Engineering during on-going projects or day to day engineering requirements.
5. Work with RF Engineer to learn and improve their overall knowledge of the on-air" chain of equipment. This will include gaining a thorough and working knowledge of the RF equipment. Including but not limited to the Scientific-Atlanta encoding system, HPA's, switching equipment and fiber optics system
6. Assist with training, coaching and development of staff members as needed.
7. Be able to handle any necessary switching during normal or emergency conditions to ensure that all services remain on the air.
8. Maintain radio contact with the Transmission Center and Master Control at all times.
9. Provide input on equipment and procedures pertaining to the Engineering department.
10. Review the Engineering Database and Lotus Notes at the start of each shift. Sign in and out of the Daily log at the beginning and end of their shift.
11. Log any pertinent information from their shift in the Daily log.
12. Coordinate breaks and meals with the RF Engineers to insure that there is an engineer on duty at all times.
13. Assist in maintaining parts inventory.
* Minimum of 3 years maintenance experience in a broadcast or postproduction facility.
* Significant experience with digital audio and video signals.
* Ability to operate associated test equipment.
* Complete knowledge of broadcast standards and test signals.
* Ability to repair equipment down to the component level.
* Ability to perform well in a high-pressure environment.
* Minimum AS degree in electronics or computer science.
* Computer literacy.
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to lift heavy equipment as needed (50 lbs.).
* Experience with Odetics, Louth, HP or Omneon servers, and Phillips/BTS switching systems a plus.
* Military or other significant experience/training can be substituted for degree requirements.
* SBE Certification, FCC general class license a plus.
* Multilingual capabilities in Spanish or Portuguese would be beneficial but not necessary.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
http://jobview.monster.com/GetJob.aspx? ... =MKT000351" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looking for help or looking for a new gig? Post here!
1 post • Page 1 of 1