Location: Fairfax County Government, VA
Position Type: Full Time, Temporary/Contract/Project
Job Category: Engineering
TEKsystems has partnered with General Dynamics Information Technology to identify a Headend/Broadcast Engineer in support of Fairfax County Government for a full-time, permanent opportunity.
Candidate will be leading the engineering and support efforts required by the Fairfax County Government local Cable TV channels. The TV Cable Plant is based in Fairfax, however the candidate will be required to operate a company vehicle to local field sites as needed.
Experience with most if not all of the following is required:
- 8-10 years experience in a related telecommunications position.
- Racking and installation of headend equipment and headend infrastructure.
- Understanding of Fiber Optic Networks and following procedures.
- Ability to read and understand wire lists and project schematics.
- Ability to install and activate any required equipment for successful implementation. Extensive knowledge of C-COR, Harmonic, Standard Communications, Evertz, Drake, Ideanoics and like equipment.
- Ability to turn up and test equipment utilizing related test equipment.
- Existing network is composed of CWDM and Digital Video architecture. Candidate must understand these technologies and know how to activate like networks.
- Ability to connect and terminate coaxial and audio wires.
- Strong understanding of CCTV support, CATV support, and headend support.
This position is an immediate need and will have the following interview process:
1. Phone screen with recruiter.
2. Phone screen with hiring manager.
3. Personal interview with hiring manager.
4. Personal interview with Government Customer.
Qualified candidates should contact Kevin Boyer at [email address removed] or 571-594-5577 to apply or gain further information.
CATV, FIBER OPTIC CABLE INSTALLATION, OUTSIDE PLANT ARCHITECTURE, HEADEND SUPPORT
Join TEKsystems® and get your career on the fast track. As the leading technology staffing and services firm, we are passionate about deploying high-caliber IT and communications expertise. To satisfy our constant need for expertise, we actively seek talented Technical Professionals with all levels of information technology and communications skills. TEKsystems knows that every professional has different needs, so we'll work together to determine a suitable benefits package. We offer options to our Technical Professionals that could include: a health plan, 401k, provisions for vacation and holiday pay, and technical and professional training. With a foundation as the nation's largest IT staffing firm, we've become a billion-dollar services company by blending superior client service with an unrivaled ability to source and manage talent to precise specifications, resulting in successful technology executions. Allegis Group and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. M/F/D/V
Contact: Kevin Matthew Boyer
Address: 12353 Sunrise Valley Dr., Suite B
Reston, VA 20191
Phone: (571) 594-5577
Fax: (703) 476-3392
Looking for help or looking for a new gig? Post here!
1 post • Page 1 of 1