http://www.alphamediausa.com/jobs/view/ ... ngineer-2/
Alpha Media – Columbia, SC is seeking a results-oriented Chief Engineer/IT Director with a proven track record in Broadcast Media. The Chief Engineer will be responsible for maintaining all station technical and electronic operations within FCC regulations and guidelines and in accordance with company policy to ensure world class delivery of content to our local communities. The successful candidate will have the proven ability to prioritize work and manage the stress of a high-pressure work environment and will be expected to comply with all company procedures and internal controls associated with the assigned duties.
Alpha Media owns or has pending 252 stations in 54 markets across the United States and we are the fastest growing company in radio today. We believe in creating progressive products, world class events and building strong relationships in our communities.
Come work for the fastest growing media company in America!
Responsibilities for this position may include:
- Maintain and repair all technical and electronic equipment at the studios and transmitter sites.
- Maintain station operation through preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Install, monitor and perform maintenance on control consoles, audio routers, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antenna systems, meters, control systems, and remote equipment.
- Review all technical documents.
- Review and sign station logs on a weekly basis to determine if required entries are met.
- Inspect and calibrate transmission system.
- Monitor any equipment performance measurements or perform other tests as specified in the rules or terms of station authorization.
- Interact with management and staff at all levels.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair local computer infrastructure to include local area network, on-air automation system, and office workstations.
- Assist with technical needs at remote broadcasts and live performances.
Requirements of this position may include the following:
- Associates or Technical Degree in Broadcasting Engineering Technology or related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- A minimum of five years experience in electronic troubleshooting, repairs for audio, video, and radio frequency, microwave equipment and satellite communications.
- Experience in computer automation and high speed Internet.
- Experience with cluster-wide studio equipment and operations, audio routing, AES and AoIP protocols, digital audio delivery and automation, EAS, studio telephone and engineering IT systems.
- Ability to use electronic test equipment and troubleshoot broadcast equipment to the component level.
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot and repair high-power AM and FM transmitting facilities.
- Possess IT skills including PC/server trouble shooting and repair, knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP and local area networking.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of basic electronics theory and principles including ohms law and ability to read schematics.
- Proven ability to communicate technical information and interact easily with all levels of staff.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, UPS, and standby generators and record keeping.
- Knowledge of telephone systems and protocols including POTS, 1A2, ISDN, T1, DSL, VoIP and PRI circuits.
- Able to be on-call after hours for emergencies or routine maintenance as needed.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and provide required driving record and proof of insurability.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the above experience plus the following:
- Experience with WideOrbit Automation for Radio.
- Experience with radar equipment.
- Knowledge of telephone systems and cellular.
- SBE, Microsoft, and CompTIA Certifications.
- Ability to lift and/or move loads up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and want to join a fast moving, growing entity email your cover letter and resume to ColumbiaJobs.Engineering@alphamediausa.com. You may also mail the same to:
Alpha Media – Columbia
Attn: Mike Hartel, General Manager
1900 Pineview Drive
Columbia, SC 29209
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in e-verify.
Looking for help or looking for a new gig? Post here!
1 post • Page 1 of 1