Salem Media Group has an exceptional opportunity for a Radio Broadcasting Chief Engineer in our high profile Philadelphia cluster of stations.
• Handle the installation, maintenance and legal operation of all audio, electronic and broadcast transmitting equipment necessary for the stations to function
• Monitor the overall technical operation of the stations to insure compliance with FCC, Federal, EPA, OSHA, State and local regulations
• Execute maintenance and repair and/or coordinate maintenance and repair for station office, studios and transmitter facilities
• Instruct and assist operators in the proper operation of the station’s broadcast equipment, FCC procedures and requirements, and any computer equipment necessary for the operators to perform their required duties
• Readily demonstrate the ability and willingness to work with department heads to promote the company’s interests and success
• Strive to enhance the efficiency of the engineering and technical operation
• Oversee remote broadcasts and personal appearances where electronic equipment is involved.
• Maintain the public file and complete all applicable reports
• Responsible to follow all Salem policies & procedures
• Reports directly to the General Manager
• High power AM transmitter experience
• Knowledge of directional and non-directional AM Arrays
• SBE certification
• 3 + years’ experience
• Knowledge of ENCO automation system preferred
• This position requires around-the- clock response to equipment problems and outages.
• This is a physically demanding position. Position requires frequent physical exertion including standing, crawling, fitting into tight spaces, climbing stairs and ladders, and lifting and carrying materials and equipment weighing 50-100 pounds
• Valid driver’s license required
To apply, visit www.SalemMedia.com, click on the Careers tab and search for the Chief Engineer-Philadelphia position
Salem Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Looking for help or looking for a new gig? Post here!
1 post • Page 1 of 1