Energy-Onix

FM does it with frequency!
Russell Laferty

Energy-Onix

Post by Russell Laferty » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:22 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Russell Laferty and I just discovered this forum. I have been an Energy-Onix engineer for 30+ years and would like to offer my services and expertise for any of the E-O line. I have quite a bit of parts and can rebuild/replace most of what I don't have on hand. I was good friends with Bernie from the time he started Energy-Onix and have knowledge of everything from the MK series, to the ECO's, in FM tube types, as well as the Legend series of Solid State transmitters. I also was involved with the other area's such as the Tele-Link, STL, Exciters, and others. I am open to questions and advice.

Nathaniel Steele

Re: Energy-Onix

Post by Nathaniel Steele » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:54 am

Hi Russell,

I have a 3K solid state box, Legend "C" series. I have no documentation for it, can you assist? It has 2 of 3 PA's with Blown MOSFETS (MRF151G). I haven't dug into it yet but hope to get it working as a backup unit. (The price was right, I just had to go get it out of the guys garage because he wanted it gone). it will also need retuned. I'd love any info or docs you could get me. Not in the picture but I do have the exciter, which is working. I'm told its actually made by RVR (looks just like it too, just black).

I was told it blew MOSFETS regularly and the owner got tired of it. it was used in a coastal area (not sure where the TX site was but I was a mile from the beach when I picked it up)
20180206_130745.jpg
EO Legend "C" Series
20180206_131528.jpg
Inside one PA

Deep Thought

Post by Deep Thought » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:40 am

Russell, there is an E-O Facebook group you might want to check out if you are on there...they could definitely use your help.

"Echo" The Energy Onix Transmitter group
Mark Mueller • Mueller Broadcast Design • La Grange, IL • http://www.muellerbroadcastdesign.com

Russell Laferty

Post by Russell Laferty » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:32 am

Deep Thought wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:40 am
Russell, there is an E-O Facebook group you might want to check out if you are on there...they could definitely use your help.

Thank you very much, I just applied for that group

NECRAT
Site Admin

Post by NECRAT » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:17 pm

Russell Laferty wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:32 am
Deep Thought wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:40 am

Thank you very much, I just applied for that group
But don't forget us here either!!
http://www.necrat.us

"Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig. After a couple of hours, you realize the pig likes it"

Vince Garcia

Post by Vince Garcia » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:46 pm

Hi Russell,

We have an ECO 10 that was in service from 2007 - 2018 on BOB FM, (KGBB, Edwards, California). According to an engineer, there is a short in the P.A. There is also a freshly rebuilt tube in the box.

The owner of the station is interested in selling the ECO 10 or trading for a working 1000 w AM transmitter.

Are you or do you know anyone who may be interested?

Thank you.