Program Test Authority

FM does it with frequency!
caldrenfitz

Program Test Authority

Post by caldrenfitz » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:01 pm

I'm part of an LPFM starting up, and we're just bout ready to start broadcasting. I'm filling out FCC form 319, but I'm having some confusion as to Program Test Authority.
Far as I know there hasn't been any "program test restrictions or conditions" in our CP.
I want to know can we file electronically, or do we have to send in paper copies?
Can we commence Automatic Program Test Authority (so long as form 319 is filed withing 10 days of such action) whenever, or do we need to submit the form 30 days in advance of such operations?
Thank you for your assistance.

TPT

Re: Program Test Authority

Post by TPT » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:14 am

You should have a copy of your construction permit, this will show any special conditions you may need to meet before you can operate. For a low power, this would most likely be some kind of share time provision with another low power. If there are no special conditions, you can begin operations, but will then have to file a form 319 to obtain the station license. Everything needs to be filed electronically.

If you need further specific information, send me a personal message with the call sign, & I'll see what I can do to help.

Dewey

Re: Program Test Authority

Post by Dewey » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:54 am

Yes, the form must be filed electronically. You must file within 10 days of beginning operations under the test authority.

In case you have not seen it, here is the instructions for form 319:

https://transition.fcc.gov/Forms/Form319/319Fill.pdf