WVRC-8 Plus Site Control Setup Configuration Questions

Ray

WVRC-8 Plus Site Control Setup Configuration Questions

Post by Ray » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:01 pm

1) Is it possible to change the relay state via the telephone dail-in with the relay output latch option (not pulse)? I can select either pulse or latch via the web interface but it seems that the telephone only has "pulse" support for the relay drive state?

2) Does the WVRC-8 plus version support SSL or TLS for SMTP authentication for email alarm notification setup? I'm currently trying to use Google mail (works with the transmitter web interface and the EAS interface ) but had no luck yet with the WVRC-8 sending out email test messages

Thanks

Ray

kkiddkkidd

Re: WVRC-8 Plus Site Control Setup Configuration Questions

Post by kkiddkkidd » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:27 pm

Ray wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:01 pm
1) Is it possible to change the relay state via the telephone dail-in with the relay output latch option (not pulse)? I can select either pulse or latch via the web interface but it seems that the telephone only has "pulse" support for the relay drive state?

2) Does the WVRC-8 plus version support SSL or TLS for SMTP authentication for email alarm notification setup? I'm currently trying to use Google mail (works with the transmitter web interface and the EAS interface ) but had no luck yet with the WVRC-8 sending out email test messages
Ray,

1) I am only now about to hook up my first WVRC-8 to a telephone line so can't comment on the pulse vs latch although you may be able to do it with a macro.

2) The WVRC will not work with Gmail. BT advised to make a free low security account on www.smtp2go.com and it works perfectly.

Regards,
--
Kevin C. Kidd CSRE/AMD
WD4RAT
AM Ground Systems Company
http://www.amgroundsystems.com
KK Broadcast Engineering
http://www.kkbc.com

Ray

Re: WVRC-8 Plus Site Control Setup Configuration Questions

Post by Ray » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:14 am

Thanks for the good advice on SMTP email Kevin. SMTP email works great. It is possible for me to spend hours on an issue like the email provider not working trying all kinds of settings. It is nice to have this message board to help resolve problems like this in a few minutes and not hours.

Ben at broadcast tools confirmed that the phone-in support for the controller does not support relay latch operation. I'm using the Broadcast Tools BOR to change the pulse operation to latch for four channels.

Ben says:

The WVRC-8 Plus does not currently have the ability to latch its relays on/off via the telephone interface so an external interface like the old BOR or our current Smart Relay 4 would be a good choice if that functionality is needed.

Ray