Looking for a reel to reel player

Richinald
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Looking for a reel to reel player

Post by Richinald »

Hi, Just wanted to check if there are any engineers that might know of a reel to reel player that stored away not being used anymore, willing to let go
at a reasonable price ? (not the prices like on other sites that would knock you down)
Important that the reel to reel player can accept 7" and 10" reels that can play at 7.5 and 3 3-4 speeds, playback is important, if it is not recording would be no problems, auto-reverse would be a plus but not required.
If the player is located in FL would be ideal, if located in another area can discuss shipping, Thank you all.
Dale H. Cook

Re: Looking for a reel to reel player

Post by Dale H. Cook »

Have you tried calling local stations? One of my clients was cleaning out clutter and gave me an Ampex ATR-700. I still need to get an empty 1" reel and a pair of NAB hubs so I can dub the last of my tapes (everything else is 7-1/2").
Dale H. Cook, Contract Engineer, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcityeng/index.html
kc8gpd

Post by kc8gpd »

i know of a guy in Denver that was selling a bunch of otari reel to reels but they would need to go freight as they are the big roll around cart type. contact skylar at elctricity440@gmail.com if interested. he would know if they are still available and what the asking price would be.
kc8gpd

"The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."
Dale H. Cook

Post by Dale H. Cook »

kc8gpd wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:07 pm... but they would need to go freight as they are the big roll around cart type.
Possibly model MTR-10.
Dale H. Cook, Contract Engineer, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcityeng/index.html
kc8gpd

Post by kc8gpd »

Dale H. Cook wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:34 am
kc8gpd wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:07 pm... but they would need to go freight as they are the big roll around cart type.
Possibly model MTR-10.
thank you dale,

i believe you are correct. i could not recall the model number.
kc8gpd

"The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."