ABC news audio alerts like NBC blackbox voice alerts

rftranstv

ABC news audio alerts like NBC blackbox voice alerts

Post by rftranstv » Fri May 25, 2018 8:57 am

Im sure you guys at NBC stations know about the blackbox voice alerts that come down on their newschannels via satellite...My question is does ABC have something similar? Trying to keep the newsroom informed of ABC live feeds properly

PID_Stop

Re: ABC news audio alerts like NBC blackbox voice alerts

Post by PID_Stop » Fri May 25, 2018 9:54 am

Yes, ABC sends voice alerts on the NewsOne live channels: you should find it on the third or fourth audio channel of any of the NewsOne services. On our Scopus dual receiver, it shows up on the "Aud 4 Right" pigtail connector.

Jeff

rftranstv

Post by rftranstv » Fri May 25, 2018 10:07 am

awesome thanks!

PID_Stop

Post by PID_Stop » Fri May 25, 2018 11:21 am

No problem. We run the feed through a compressor/limiter: there's an enormous variation in level, depending on who is speaking and how excited they are. Dierdre has come close to launching me through the drop ceiling on more than one occasion with her "ATTENTION STATIONS!". :lol:

NECRAT
Site Admin

Post by NECRAT » Sat May 26, 2018 7:49 am

PID_Stop wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:21 am
No problem. We run the feed through a compressor/limiter: there's an enormous variation in level, depending on who is speaking and how excited they are. Dierdre has come close to launching me through the drop ceiling on more than one occasion with her "ATTENTION STATIONS!". :lol:
We DA ours into several "pod top" Fostex speakers (CNN's squacker too), and let the producers deal with how loud they want it. And they do listen to it as well. When the ABC N1 receiver we use decided to go belly up, the A-ND alerted us about it. Unlike one of my previous stations, where I don't think the alert box ever got up past 0 on the volume control.
http://www.necrat.us

"Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig. After a couple of hours, you realize the pig likes it"

PID_Stop

Post by PID_Stop » Tue May 29, 2018 9:26 am

NECRAT wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 7:49 am
We DA ours into several "pod top" Fostex speakers (CNN's squacker too), and let the producers deal with how loud they want it.
Our producers have a volume control, too. The big problem is that some of the NewsOne folks are pretty quiet, while others have overly well-developed lungs... so the processing helps our folks hear the timid without having heart attacks from the bold.

Jeff