Reference to Record Decks

It's just radio with pictures! :)
jawsborne

Reference to Record Decks

Post by jawsborne » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:35 pm

Hi, I am new here and look forward to learning a few things!

In my studio I run a Tricaster which has built in frame syncs. I've purchased an AJA sync generator and plan on running reference to my cameras and Tricaster so that I don't have to use the built in frame syncs, thus eliminating most of the latency they cause. I also use BMD Hyperdeck Studio Pro 2 decks for recording of camera feeds and Tricaster outputs.

My question, why do the hyperdecks have reference input? Or what is the reason for sending genlock to sources other than switcher and the sources going into the switcher?

Thanks!

jawsborne

Re: Reference to Record Decks

Post by jawsborne » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:31 am

Ugh, It just dawned on me that these decks can also be used for playback or switcher input, thus reason for reference. ...and I couldn't find the delete post button anywhere on here, moderator feel free to delete :D

NECRAT
Site Admin

Post by NECRAT » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:52 pm

jawsborne wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:31 am
Ugh, It just dawned on me that these decks can also be used for playback or switcher input, thus reason for reference. ...and I couldn't find the delete post button anywhere on here, moderator feel free to delete :D
No reason to delete. This is good information and someone else may want to know sometime.
:mrgreen:
http://www.necrat.us

"Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig. After a couple of hours, you realize the pig likes it"

jawsborne

Post by jawsborne » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:07 pm

Thanks