Simian and W10

Meet our new DJ. His name is Otto Mayshun.
grich

Simian and W10

Post by grich »

A LPFM has reached out for help regarding a Simian system. From what I've been told, it was running version 2.2 on a Windows 7 computer.

Apparently their IT guy upgraded the computer to Windows 10 and are now having Simian trouble of some sort. I have no details of what problems they are having, and I know almost nothing of Simian. I am guessing they did not do research before the OS upgrade.

From what I have read, they would need to be on a newer version to use Windows 10, and will need to pay a kilobuck or so for the newer version. Can anyone verify this for me?

Thanks,

Gregg
TPT
Has thanked: 0

Re: Simian and W10

Post by TPT »

In order to run Simian on Windows 10, you need to upgrade to the current version of Simian. As I remember, it was $1,000, which also included a year of support.

We downgraded two Windows 10 machines back to 7 to avoid this for a while, but eventually bit the bullet and upgraded Simian. Somewhat frustrating since we didn't need the support plan, having a Simian expert on contract. But the upgraded Simian is stable on Windows 10.
grich

Post by grich »

Thanks! That's what I was thinking. The LPFM folks are going to have to come up with some cash.
Shane

Post by Shane »

And they need an IT guy who is also a radio guy. Rookie mistake.
Mike Shane, CBRE
— — Omaha — —