Sony BVH 2000 PS. Gray screen, with color flicker

Want to know how something works? Harness the power of the Brainiacs!
mondeo93

Sony BVH 2000 PS. Gray screen, with color flicker

Post by mondeo93 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:49 am

Hello.

I have got my first BVH 2000SP
I have problems with the color image. If I play a tape there are no colors, but only gray screen, the colors flicker sometimes.
If I see at the same time inserting a video signal into the BVH 2000PS from (Video Input) (Betacam SP camera) and replaying the tape again on BVH 2000, the colors appear better but still flicker
I have tried to put a TBC BVT-2000P between but the BVT-2000 can only display image as bypass them without the colors coming for that reason
There are both gray colors at play back, still, reel
I have a BVH 2000PS in spare parts. I do not have any measuring equipment, what can be wrong and is there anything else I can try?
I'm from Denmark and we use pal signal
I'm not very good at English and using google translate

Best regards
mondeo93

PID_Stop

Re: Sony BVH 2000 PS. Gray screen, with color flicker

Post by PID_Stop » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:23 pm

I am less familiar with the PAL version than with the American NTSC version, but the color flicker problem sounds like you are looking at video that is not time-base corrected. Also, if you are using a time-base corrector, make sure your monitor is getting the "TBC" and not the "demod" output. Finally, your machine might need a reference signal from a sync generator in order to produce stable color output.

Jeff

mondeo93

Post by mondeo93 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:30 am

Okay.
I have seen BVH 2000PS without TBC built-in like mine and without TBC being able to play a perfect video image and color image, and that TBC only corrects for crooked image and light noise?
When I send a video signal from my Betacam SP through the BVH2000PS while playing the tape, on the BVH 2000PS, the color image will be a bit better, but still flicker, it's as if the video signal from Betacam SP I send into the BVH2000P stabilizes the color a bit when I play. do you know why?

Best regards Ulrik

mondeo93

Post by mondeo93 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:28 am

Problem solved,
it was my old Bang and Olufsen MX7000 TV that could not display the picture perfectly. I put an LCD monitor on and now the picture is perfect

thanks for the help

Best regards Ulrik