WireReady Automation

Meet our new DJ. His name is Otto Mayshun.
knoxbob

WireReady Automation

Post by knoxbob » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:31 pm

Hey all, anyone have any experience with WireReady automation software? A station near me is using it and I had never heard of it before. Just curious, pro & cons.

Lee_Wheeler

Re: WireReady Automation

Post by Lee_Wheeler » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:19 pm

The last time I used it it was a DOS based program so it has been a while. As I recall it was a bit tough to set up but after the configuration files were set it was fairly bulletproof. In a way it was like the original Computer Concepts DCS system and it would pretty much take a fire to stop it from doing what it was supposed to do. As I also faintly recall it could also use a variety of audio cards so you weren't locked into a proprietary card set.

It wasn't real fancy but it worked.

...Lee

Slab Bulkhead

Post by Slab Bulkhead » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:30 am

I've run across it at the local reading service for the visually impaired. They use it to automate overnights and weekends and replay the day's live readings during the overnight hours. I haven't had to take a deep dive into it yet.

grich

Post by grich » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:58 pm

One of my stations has been using it for most of this century, and one studio has migrated from XP with M-Audio cards to Win7 and a Roland Octacapture USB audio interface. Still is as Lee describes, once you set it up, it chugs away. I can't comment about the quirks too much because someone else is in charge of configuring it.