Energy-Onix

AM Radio discussion. Directional arrays are FUN!
Russell Laferty

Energy-Onix

Post by Russell Laferty » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:29 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Russell Laferty and I just discovered this forum. I have been an Energy-Onix engineer for 30+ years and would like to offer my services and expertise for any of the E-O line. I have quite a bit of parts and can rebuild/replace most of what I don't have on hand. I was good friends with Bernie from the time he started Energy-Onix and have knowledge of everything he has built in the AM and FM lines. I probably have more experience with the Pulsar line than anyone still alive and interested in them. I have schematics that actually look like the transmitter in question. If anyone needs help, feel free to contact me

Deep Thought

Re: Energy-Onix

Post by Deep Thought » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:18 pm

Russell, thanks for the offer. There are still a lot of these transmitters out there and I am sure you'll be hearing from people needing help.
Mark Mueller • Mueller Broadcast Design • La Grange, IL • http://www.muellerbroadcastdesign.com

polkaman

Re: Energy-Onix

Post by polkaman » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:14 pm

Hello Russel
We have a Engery-Onix Pulsar 5000 with some issues, most of which we have solved over the past few weeks. We first had issues with 2 of the PA amps
which we have since taken care of, then an issue with the main power supply, one of the 36000 uf capacitors blew the top off, we have replaced
all 4 caps and we on back on line with that. Now our current problem, no drive, not a new issue, we found this a couple months ago when we shut down the transmitter to remove the PA amps for repair. When we turned the transmitter back on, no drive but after a "warm up" the drive would come
up. This could take 15 to 30 minutes, the red "drive" light would go out and the green "drive" "pa" and "audio light" would come on and we were good
to go. This time with the box being down for several days, the drive won't come up. When we open the cover of the control module the only obvious
issue we see is the "coil" on the IP amp turning board PC-503 has talking some heat. The insulation on the coil is all brittle and burnt. Any ideas were
we should start? Could this be the problem? Parts, in your post your stated you have some parts. How about PC-503