HARRIS Z-16HD SINGLE PHASE

FM does it with frequency!
apache45

HARRIS Z-16HD SINGLE PHASE

Post by apache45 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:32 pm

I'm at my wits end. After going thru temperature and control issues, I now have on of the 4 power supply's not drawing much current. Probably less than half of the other 3. PS controller boards are good and all fuses on PS are good. Any one have a low PS current problem before? Thanks gang

Kelly

Re: HARRIS Z-16HD SINGLE PHASE

Post by Kelly » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:14 am

I think you're saying that the power supplies aren't supplying enough current? How is your exciter output and IPA drive? Are the voltages on the IPA's all where they should be? The reason for asking, is the amount of current being drawn from the power supply depends on whether all the devices downstream are operating properly.

apache45

Post by apache45 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:41 am

Well it turns out that all 4 power supplies are good and functioning normally. The problem is traced down to the B-plane. When B-6 is pulled only half of the rest of B's draw current, but B-6 still shows current draw. WHen B-6 is re inserted, it draws current but none of the rest of the B's draw any. So now we're into the combiner/divider network. ANd yes, exciter, ips's, all work as they should. Thanks for the input.

apache45

Post by apache45 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:40 am

Among bad filter boards, PA modules, ribbon cables, etc, the root cause was arching on the "B" side combiner board, especially around J-11 and a couple of connectors. Problem solved. Thanks to everyone who offered help.