Iowa Public Radio (IPR) seeks a knowledgeable and dedicated Radio Broadcast Engineer to join our Engineering team (5 Engineers across the network – 2 in Ames, 2 in Cedar Falls, and 1 in Iowa City) to maintain technical broadcast transmission and production equipment. This includes assisting in the design, improvement, expansion, and maintenance of production, broadcast, and radio frequency transmitting systems for the IPR network of radio stations. Located in Ames, this position specifically shares responsibility for the 11 signals/9 sites licensed to Iowa State University utilizing a station-owned vehicle and equipment. This position is responsible for responding to operational challenges requiring service recovery, and for maintaining electronic equipment to meet production needs and network operational goals.
POSITION SALARY RANGE:
• $41,985 - $62,968 annually
• Comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, retirement plan, immediate accrual of vacation and sick time
• Associates degree in Electronics Engineering, Broadcast Engineering or related field or equivalent broadcast engineering related experience to substitute for a degree;
• Four years of experience in broadcast engineering, including experience in analog audio wiring and systems and signal processing and measurement equipment;
• Knowledge of RF, AM and FM transmission systems;
• Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations;
• Ability to read and understand system drawings, signal flows, and schematics; and
• Ability to climb ladders, lift 70 pounds, use power tools and hold a valid driver’s license.
• Experience with basic TCP/IP networking and IP-based digital audio systems;
• Project management experience; and
• SBE certification.
Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries may be routed to email@example.com.
Employment is contingent upon the successful outcome of a background check.
Iowa Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Looking for help or looking for a new gig? Post here!
1 post • Page 1 of 1