UHF Batwing recieve antenna

It's just radio with pictures! :)
Post Reply
User avatar
Jim Sofonia
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:15 pm

UHF Batwing recieve antenna

Post by Jim Sofonia » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:45 pm

I have UHF stations to the East, and others (mostly repeater stations) to the West. I'm thinking about building a batwing antenna that would be optimized for 470-608. Any ideas on this project? I would think the bi-directional would serve my location well. Where could I get plans for this?

COMMENG
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:30 pm
Location: Midwest

Re: UHF Batwing recieve antenna

Post by COMMENG » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:39 pm

You might try this:

COMMENG
Attachments
Batwing Antenna.pdf
(91.53 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

User avatar
Jim Sofonia
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:15 pm

Re: UHF Batwing recieve antenna

Post by Jim Sofonia » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:28 am

COMMENG wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:39 pm
You might try this:

COMMENG
It looks like what I had in mind. Do you have a link to additional info and the freq. it covers?

COMMENG
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:30 pm
Location: Midwest

Re: UHF Batwing recieve antenna

Post by COMMENG » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:31 pm

Jim Sofonia wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:28 am
COMMENG wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:39 pm
You might try this:

COMMENG
It looks like what I had in mind. Do you have a link to additional info and the freq. it covers?
No links just calculations.

Center frequency is 540 MHz with a Q of 3.6.

BW = Fc/Q = ~ 150 Mhz; 1/2 BW ~ = 75 MHz. Low frequency edge = 540 - 75 MHz = 465 MHz;
High freuency edge = 540 Mz + 75 MHz = 615 MHz.

So it should cover 465 MHz to 615 MHz.


COMMENG

COMMENG
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:30 pm
Location: Midwest

Re: UHF Batwing recieve antenna

Post by COMMENG » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:33 pm

COMMENG wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:31 pm
Jim Sofonia wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:28 am
COMMENG wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:39 pm
You might try this:

COMMENG
It looks like what I had in mind. Do you have a link to additional info and the freq. it covers?
No links just calculations.

Center frequency is 540 MHz with a Q of 3.6.

BW = Fc/Q ~ = 150 Mhz; 1/2 BW ~ = 75 MHz. Low frequency edge = 540 - 75 MHz = 465 MHz;
High freuency edge = 540 Mz + 75 MHz = 615 MHz.

So it should cover from 465 MHz to 615 MHz.


COMMENG

Post Reply